Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hello 2013...

Wow. Where to start...it seems like a blur!
Well, 2013 is here. 2012 is nothing but memories now. It went by so fast...
I remember older people talking to me and telling me that the older you get, the faster time goes.  Makes sense. But for my 11 year old son to tell me "man, this year just flew by"...makes one stop and think.

2012 had a LOT of ups and downs. Seems nowadays I tend to measure time in friends and family lost, and tragedies happening. Unfortunately all that happens way too often. I lost a few good friends, some close family, and several people I admired and respected in the world passed away. These times are a changin'...

On the famous people note, just a short list of the many many people we lost:
Neil Armstrong
Sally Ride
Andy Griffith
George "Goober" Lindsey
Dick Clark
Sherman Hemsley
Michael Clarke Duncan
Larry Hagman
Just a small list of some of the greats...

So many bad things happened throughout 2012 from mass shootings, Natural disasters, Government and Political craziness...No matter who your candidate was, there was craziness on both sides and it will continue.
Now, we have 2013. A new year. People everywhere have already made their new year's resolutions, and most of them have already forgotten about them or started swaying from them. I don't know that I made any resolutions myself but I have decided I'm going to try and lose some weight this year. Whether or not you've made a resolution, or whether or not you're planning on sticking to it, just do your best to make it better. 2012 may have been a good year, or a bad year. Let's all make 2013 a better year.

No comments:

Post a Comment