Tuesday, July 26, 2011

One of those Roller Coaster Days...

Today has been one, definitely.

Started out with what I hope to become a normal thing for me in going to the park and walking a couple miles. So I came home and within a few hours, I find out that a friend, the brother of a very good friend, and a person that I used to work for, took his life somewhere early morning of July 26...Dave, I don't know what was going on with ya buddy, but you were a good person in my book and I would have done anything I could to help ya. I'm sad for the loss, but I hope you've found whatever it was you were looking for. I only wish you could have given it a second more to think about it before you did it.

Needless to say the family is torn up over it pretty bad. It's definitely one of those 'can't believe' things.
So, shortly after my stomach decides it's not going to be happy with me. Ups and downs all day. Nothing really bad feeling, it was more like it decided it was going to conflict everything my brain decided and go way far against it...
Spent some time hanging out with Mike, my brother in law, the one I CAN tolerate for more than a few minutes. We had some fun. Dusted off the old GTA Vice City game, and we spent a portion of the afternoon seeing how could blow up the quickest or something along those lines.

So later on tonight, I find out that one of my closest friends has completely topsy-turvied her time tables. She's dating this guy who's really in to her, and they're getting along well. They've decided together for them to move in together. Problem is, he's currently stationed in Nebraska, and will be moving to California soon. So that means she'll be moving. Plan was for her to be moving out in November. As of about 3 hours ago, she's decided to go ahead and get the ball rolling, so she resigned her job and will be leaving Thursday. All I can say is... uhh... well... that's about it.
I'm really happy for her and I hope this turns out to be everything she ever wanted. On the same note I'm very worried for her. I've met the guy, he seems nice...however, what happens when the newness wears off? What happens when she's 2000 miles away from anyone that can help her? Unfortunately, as her and I discussed, this is something you can't just sit on the sidelines and discover if it's going to work. I understand this and know this has to happen, but it doesn't change my worry factor.

I love ya, and I'll definitely miss ya. And I really do hope you'll finally have your prince to pamper you. But damn...

So, now it's off to bed for me I suppose...what kind of twists and turns will tomorrow hold? Nobody knows. We'll just have to see.

Thank you drive though.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you when, but I have been told things eventually get better... Take Care, John...

    ReplyDelete