Monday, February 28, 2011

Food reviews

I think I'm going to start doing independent reviews, and maybe submitting them to companies. Might help them out a bit on this note.

Today, I ate at Wendy's in Trussville on Hwy 11 just before the big shopping plaza. I would give more information on location, but I do not recall getting my receipt.

First off, I haven't eaten at Wendy's in years. No major reason, other than there are none close by and I find better value other places. Today though, I craved fries and a frosty.
So I walked in to the restaurant, very clean upon first notice. The cashier lady was nice, friendly, and quick to help. I ordered from the value menu: a double stack, a value fry, a value frosty, and a value drink. All 99 cents a piece. She was very knowledgeable on the product in when asking if the double stack came with mayo she knew it did not. When I ordered a frosty, she asked nicely if I wanted chocolate or vanilla. To which I replied "vanilla?? When did they start making vanilla frosties?? That's a travesty! That's just wrong! It's always been chocolate! Why, I remember when I was a lad, we'd get CHOCOLATE frosties and dip our fries in them!" All in a joking fashion, in which she found rather amusing was my rant, and laughed with a reply saying they've been doing this for a few years now, where have you been?" I like that kind of humor.

I got my food, at a moderate time, but as the burger and fries were very fresh, I had no complaints. Wendy's has gone to a healthier french fry, having natural cut and using sea salts. Good taste, although it just wasn't the same taste I remember as a kid dipping them in to my frosty.
The double stack for 99 cents...hmm...this was my worst complaint. It wasn't much larger than a Krystal burger in my opinion, even with having two patties to Krystal's one patty. One might suggest that's what is to be expected for a value meal burger. Compare the size to McDonald's or Burger King, which have dollar doubles as well, and you'll be disappointed. I will however say that the double stack tasted great, leaving me with wanting just one more bite after I finished with my burger. I like that.

While I sat there enjoying my meal and watching the darkening skies, I slight rush crowd came in and they handled the rush very efficiently. I hope all were as pleased with the service as I was.

So in closing, I'll give my ratings.
Cleanliness: 5
Friendliness: 5
Product Knowledge: 5
Value: 3
Taste: 5

Good job Wendy's. There are not as many around as some of the others, but they definitely have quality over quantity in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment